This is a complete guide On How to download and install Google camera For Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Do you have any idea Why Google pixel phones are favorite of everyone? The simple answer is because of “Their camera”.
Camera is one of the most powerful and attracting feature of Google Pixel devices. All the pixel devices comes with Google camera which is one of the most powerful camera application.
I believe the Google camera is far better than any other stock camera.
As you all know pixel devices comes with a single camera (Google pixel 1 &2) while these days other smartphones mostly come with Dual camera. Still, Picture taken from Google pixel camera is far better than Other devices. It is all because of the Google expertise in the image processing.
Recently Xiaomi Launched Redmi Note 5 Pro, There is no doubt this one is the best devices from xiaomi in this budget. I am quite impressed with this new device.
But If you have bought Redmi Note 5 Pro and you are not happy with the camera quality of your phone or maybe you want to make your camera even more better. Then Being an Android user, I can’t resist myself from recommending you Google Camera App for Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Firstly, let me clear this to you, Google pixel camera or Gcam is exclusively available for Pixel devices Only. But thanks to the developers who created so many Gcam mod, which works on most of the android phone. Now here is the good news for You Finally Google camera app is available for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
In this guide, we are going to show you How to Download Google camera on Redmi Note 5 Pro. Don’t worry about downloading and installing process because will share the easiest guide to download Gcam for Redmi Note 5 Pro
Google Camera Interesting Features
Google camera app contains numbers of features which can be activated from the google camera setting. So, let me tell you about all its feature one by one.
HDR+: HDR means High Dynamic Range. Whenever you take a photo on HDR mode, your camera captures 3 photos instead of one. A photo which is of a normal condition. In the second, your camera exposure means taking photographs by increasing the brightness, so that the details of the dark part are found in the details. And in the third, your camera takes photos by reducing exposure, so that you can get the details of the part which is shining too much. And when these photos get merged with each other, then the magic happens.
Motion: This google camera mode is quite similar to iOS’ Live Photo. When you enable this google camera feature a short, silent, video clip of relatively low resolution is paired with the original photo.
Video Stabilization: This technique is developed by combining Optical Image Stabilization and Electronic/Digital image stabilization, Where OIS reduces the blurry image capture due to the movement of the user while recording any video, While EIS is completely different from it. In this, the problems are solved at the programming level. EIS is quite popular these days because it is light and less expensive and with improvement in algorithms used for stabilization image degradation is minimal.
Smart burst: Smartburst mode is commonly known as continuous shooting mode, sports mode or continuous high-speed mode, you have to just hold down the shutter button. In few seconds it will continuously capture up to 10 photos and give you one best captured photo as a result.
Image Location: When you enable this feature in google pixel camera, it will get information of location through Gps and the location details will be added to pictures and videos.
Slow Motion: It has the ability to capture high-speed video, up to 120 frames per second (FPS) at 768 X 512, and on some supported devices, 240 frames per second too.
Panorama: The panorama mode let you capture the world in a very unique way. After selecting Panorama mode, a screen will be created in your screen and the arrows will also be created all around. Now, by which side of the photo you want to take, keep moving your phone gradually by pressing the shutter button below. The camera will take all the pictures one by one and later adding all the photos together will make a big image which is better than usual.
Photo Sphere: Photo sphere is a panoramic image which can be taken through the google camera app. This feature lets you take 360-degree images of anything around you, and even share it on Google Maps.
Portrait: Portrait mode is a trending DSLR camera feature which allows you to capture an image with blur background. This mode is also known as Bokeh Mode. Whenever you take a photo from the phone’s camera, the background and subject (whose photo is being taken) are both in focus. But in Bokeh Mode, only the Focused object will be in focus and background will be blurred.
AR Stickers: This feature was launched in 2017 during Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 Xl launch. R stands for augmented reality. With the help of Ar sticker, photos and videos can be recorded by placing virtual objects on real surfaces through this feature.
Download and Install Google Camera for Redmi Note 5 Pro
Point to be noted, To install Google camera apk on any android device, First of all, you need to enable Camera2API feature on your device. Once the Camera2API feature is enabled on your android device you can download Google Camera and start enjoying their Features like HDR+, Front and Rear Portrait, Etc. Now you might be thinking you have to root your phone.
No..No… Not at all…
You can enable camera2APi without rooting your phone. All you need is your phone with Unlocked Bootloader. If you don’t know how to unlock the bootloader then read this guide.
Here in this guide, we are sharing the two different way to run Google camera on Redmi Note 5 pro. You can follow any one of them according to your preference to enable camera2API and EIS on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 pro .
In the first method, all you have to do is run One file on your windows pc to enable camera2APi on Xiaomi redmi note 5 pro and in another method you have to enter all the commands manually to Enable Camera2API, EIS, and install Google Camera On Redmi Note 5 pro.
Sample Picture Taken From Google Camera App
How To check Camera2APi is enabled on your device or not?
So, as I told you earlier you have to first enable camera2API on your device in order to use google camera app. So, firstly it is necessary to check if Camera2API enabled on your device or Not.
So, open the Google play store and install a free application called Manual Camera Compatibility. After installing this app all you have to is run the app check the result. If all the results are showing in green (√) it means camera2api is enabled on your device and it means you don’t have to manually install camera 2API on your phone. You can just download Google camera for Redmi note 5 Pro from our website and enjoy the app.
But if it shows any cross (×) result it means you have to manually install Google camera2api.
So, If it shows the cross sign, then follow the below-given steps…
Download these file in order to enable camera 2APi
- Download SDK Platform-Tools for Windows here to run fast boot commands.
- Download TWRP file for Redmi Note 5 Pro here
- Download Root checker app on your phone.
- Download Google Camera apk file here and save the4 apk file on your phone.
METHOD 1:– Enable Camera2API, EIS, and Gcam Using One Click Tool
1. First of all, download the G Cam Tool from Here and extract it on your windows computer.
2. Now you have to enable USB debugging and OEM unlock on your phone.
Go to Settings > About Phone > scroll to the bottom > tap Build number seven (7) times. This will enable developer option of your phone.
Now go back to setting > Additional settings > Developer option > Enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock.
3. Now you have to switch off your Phone and Boot redmi note 5 Pro in fastboot mode.
Hold Volume Down + Power button to boot your phone in fastboot mode.
4. Connect your phone with Pc through USB cable.
5. Now you have to open the G cam tool folder and run the [G-CAM TOOL]1.4.cmd file once.
7. Now you have to just follow the instruction given on your screen, they are pretty basic you can follow them by yourself.
8. Once it’s done your device will auto reboot and the tool will enable the API.
That’s it now you can install the Google camera app on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Read also – Download Google Camera apk For Xiaomi mi mix 2s
METHOD 2:- Enable Camera2API, EIS, and Gcam Using command.
1. First of all, extract the SDK Platform-Tools on your windows computer and paste TWRP image file (twrp.img) on the folder.
2. Now you have to enable USB debugging and OEM unlock on your phone.
3. Go to Settings > About Phone > scroll to the bottom > tap Build number seven (7) times. This will enable developer option of your phone.
4. Now go back to setting > Additional settings > Developer option > Enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock.
5. Now you have to connect your phone with Pc and Allow USB debugging on popup window on your phone.
6. Now open the SDK platform tool folder, hold the shift key on the keyboard and right-click on your mouse on the empty space in the folder and select “Open command window here”.
7. Now enter the following commands to check your device is properly connected with your computer or not. It will show your Your android phone serial number and Connection status.
8. Now you have to enter the given below commands to boot your phone into fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
9. Now as your phone is in the Fastboot mode, Enter the following commands to boot the TWRP.
fastboot boot twrp.img
10. Now your phone will finally boot into TWRP mode. On the TWRP screen, Tap on the“Keep Read Only” and leave the phone as it is.
You don’t need to do anything from the recovery mode, Just leave your phone as it is.
11. Now just go back to the Command Prompt and enter the following command to check the connectivity between your computer and android phone.
It will show your Your android phone serial number and Connection status.
12. Now you have to edit the build prop to add a line which enables Camera2API on your phone. Just enter the given below command.
13. Once the shell is opened you have to add a line for enabling Camera2api, Just copy-paste the given below commands in the command window and hit enter.
setprop persist.camera.HAL3.enabled 1
14. Now just type “exit” command to exit from the adb shell.
15. All steps are done, you have to just reboot your phone. Just enter the given below command to Reboot your phone.
Once the device will boot up it will be Camera2api enabled and the TWRP which we booted above will be removed. Now you can install the Google camera on your phone and it will work perfectly.
Read also – Download Google Camera apk For MI 8
Download Google Camera APP For Redmi Note 5 Pro
Here is the direct download link of Google camera For Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Read also – Download Google Camera apk For Xiaomi Poco F1
What’s better in Gcam than Stock App of Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro?
By installing Google camera on your Redmi Note 5 Pro phone, I am 100% sure the picture quality can be greatly enhanced. However, always remember that by just installing Google camera apk For Note 5 Pro will not create magic. You might need to fine-tune certain settings to get that perfect picture.
Now First thing first Gcam mod have Both portrait mode that means you take beautiful portrait shots from Rear camera as well as Selfie camera too. Secondly what I noticed that the color balancing after installing Gcam on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 pro was more accurate than the stock camera. Especially stock camera with ai mode on, it makes photo colorful.
However you may like the colorful photos taken with ai mode, But the picture taken from Google camera app seems to be more accurate color in real life. That’s why I would suggest you use Google camera For Redmi Note 5 pro instead of stock camera.
Google camera for Other devices:
- Download Google Camera for Redmi 5
- Google Camera app For Redmi Note 3 download
- Google Camera for Redmi Y1 download without Root
- [No Root] Google Camera for Redmi Y2
Conclusion: Latest Google Camera for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
That’s all you should know regarding the downloading and installation process of Google camera For Redmi Note 5 pro. If you have still any doubt or queries then please comment down below. We would love to help you.
If you found this article helpful then please share this article on social media and show some love.
Sharing is caring